Surrender A Pet
Acadiana Animal Aid has limited space for owned cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and stray animals. Because of the high demand for space, there may be a waiting period before an animal can be accepted into our shelter. Please note, Acadiana Animal Aid accepts pets if we have space and by appointment only.
If you would like to surrender a found or owned animal please email a recent picture of the animal to:
Please include the following information in the email:
• Why are you surrendering this pet?
• What is the estimated age of pet?
• Has he/she been spayed or neutered?
• Has he/she been vaccinated?
• Does this animal have any known medical issues requiring medication?
• For dogs only:
• Has he/she been recently heartworm tested?
• Date of test?
• Result of test?
• Does he/she get along well with other dogs?
• Is he/she friendly towards new people?
How It Works:
- Create a Pet Profile
- Get your pets posted on Adopt-a-Pet.com to be seen by millions of pet adopters.
- Review Applications
- The dedicated team at Rehome will give you all the help you need to select the best potential adopters.
- Meet Adopters
- The Rehome team will guide you through the process of setting safe and pressure-free meetings with applicants.
- Finalize Adoption
- Rehome will provide you with an adoption contract to protect the transfer of your pet ownership.